WTD: Shimano Dura-Ace - 8spd cassette - 12-25 ratio

rjsdavis

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello to all

Am presently running 12-21 blocks on all of my road bikes, and I'm just too fat to get up hills efficiently with a 42/21!

Am after a smaller 8spd block for my training wheels, so that I can start to get up the hills a little more easily and progress back to the 12-21 blocks further down the line... Please email with WHY?

Thanks chaps! (and ladies).

Re: WTD: Shimano Dura-Ace - 8spd cassette - 13-23 / 13-25 ratio

I can't help with a cassette, but any 8 speed cassette will work, the dura ace ones are likely to be a lot more expensive and already used, you can get new 8 speed cassettes in more or less any ratio you want for about 20 quid :)

Thanks Foz - I know, but sadly I'm a desperate purist. I don't know why I can't bring myself to buy an SRAM cassette, as there's no logical reason for it...

Got a 13-23, very light use £25 posted.

jim

Thanks for the reply Jim

Can you PM me some pics please? Have presently got my eyes on a BN cassette that ends in a 23....

Re:

I have an 8spd Dura-Ace 13-26 cassette in excellent condition. I do believe however that there are 2 types of 8 speed Dura-Ace cassette, this one uses the 13T cog to lock the cassette rather than a lockring.

This are currently fitted to a wheel (pair) of 7402 hubs laced to Wolber TXprofile 20mm rims in excellent condition.

I am about to start splitting 2 Dura-Ace equipped bikes, nearly all 7402, some 7401 but also 7410 chainset etc.

Let me know if interested in Cassette, wheels or other parts.

Stuart 07917 248529

Re: Re:

stuartAJ":1tuj0t32 said:
I have an 8spd Dura-Ace 13-26 cassette in excellent condition. I do believe however that there are 2 types of 8 speed Dura-Ace cassette, this one uses the 13T cog to lock the cassette rather than a lockring.

This are currently fitted to a wheel (pair) of 7402 hubs laced to Wolber TXprofile 20mm rims in excellent condition.

I am about to start splitting 2 Dura-Ace equipped bikes, nearly all 7402, some 7401 but also 7410 chainset etc.

Let me know if interested in Cassette, wheels or other parts.

Stuart 07917 248529

The one with a locking 13t will not fit a standard Shimano cassette body afaik. Different splines on a Uniglide body.
Aren't Dura Ace cassettes alloy? I think mine was, that I owned years ago. Didn't last long at all.
I always use Sram now, cheaper often lighter and better finished than most Shimano ones

Mike

Re: Re:

stuartAJ":5c2garju said:
Mine is most certainly a Dura-Ace cassette, in steel, on a Dura-Ace hub.

Then it must be Uniglide, didn't know they came in 8 speed though

Back