Something Italian(maybe British) 60s/70s poss early 80s

tonyf39

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My friend has got into cycling in a massive way over the last 6-7 years, joined a club, got the E-fit kit and noddy hat, cycled everywhere up & down dale including trips to Europe, tried London to Paris in a day, the big mountains yadda yadda.

Now wants to get something retro, he keeps saying he wants a Bianchi in Celeste green (one of his cycling buddies got one that looks nice), I keep telling him no he doesn't 'need' one and there are plenty of other Italian brands plus plenty of very nice British built frames too.
Basically L'eroica fare is what he's after.

He mentioned £500 ish but if it's really nice I'm sure he could go more..lol

Size wise he's 5ft 11 with about a 32 inside leg, I'm virtually identical but personally ride much larger frames than I'm always told I should but I have orang-utan length arms.
looking around 22/22.5/23"
So, show me what you've got and I'll forward him some deets if I think they are what he's after :D

thanks muchly

Re:

I have a Galmozzi (made in Milano of Columbus tubing), full Campagnolo, ca. 1975 which I have owned since new. Center-to-center seat tube is 22 inches. It has its original decals and light green paint, rusty in several places, and is otherwise in very good condition. I am in Duluth, Minnesota, USA.

Hi I have a cbt italia circa 1975 in green 22inch campag record gears and chainset mafac racer brakes asking £400

Re: Re:

mikers":2qil73rf said:
I have a Galmozzi (made in Milano of Columbus tubing), full Campagnolo, ca. 1975 which I have owned since new. Center-to-center seat tube is 22 inches. It has its original decals and light green paint, rusty in several places, and is otherwise in very good condition. I am in Duluth, Minnesota, USA.
thanks but aside from the obvious issues delivery & import VAT/duty is too prohibiting.

kingbling":2qil73rf said:
Hi I have a cbt italia circa 1975 in green 22inch campag record gears and chainset mafac racer brakes asking £400
PM me some pics/location and I'll forward the details on
thanks

Back