Campag triple front mech, English headset & 27.0 seatpost

DrewSavage

Retro Guru
It's for a Reynolds 531 ST 1985 Raleigh touring frame that I'm building up - I've already got a Campagnolo Racing T triple crankset, 8-speed Record rear derailleur and brake/gear levers, and a 115mm Veloce bottom bracket... I just need a front derailleur to go with that lot.

This is the first bike I'm trying to build up myself (I got the bike cheap, stripped it, had to throw away most of the parts on it, and am having the frame sprayed) so I'm learning as I'm going along. I've looked up the dimensions and seemingly I need a 1" English threaded headset (please tell me if I'm wrong!) and a 27.0mm seatpost. I'm trying to go with a mainly Campagnolo groupset but if someone offers me something good at a decent price I'm pretty open-minded.

Thanks for reading. I don't mind travelling a bit to pick things up I'm in Manchester and am in Staffordshire fairly often to see my parents, although for the items in question I guess the postage won't break the bank.

Cheers,
Drew

Re:

Thanks Martin - I've managed to find a Campag Record headset a little bit cheaper. I've got a Comp Triple front mech too, but I could do with a 27.0 seatpost if anyone's got one.

Re:

I have a nice 27 campagnolo olumpus seat post.
should be on my original for sale post here with photo

Wanted - 27.0 seatpost

I'm now sorted for a front mech and headset, but if anyone has a 27.0 seatpost that weighs less than 250 grams, I'd be interested. I've bought a cheap alloy one as a stopgap for now...

Latest posts

Back