WTD: Cycleops PowerTap torque tube

rjsdavis

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Seems unlikely I'll find one of these, but I've recently been given a pair of PowerTap's that I've just built into some Open Pro's for some serious training this winter.

I got them, as apparently the "torque tube" was iffy and putting out some inconsistent power numbers. I'm aware that these hubs can be serviced by Palligap, and I've been told that from time to time, they can insert recon/used torque tubes to help keep the costs down during a hub service.

I was wondering if anyone out there had one of these torque tubes at all? If it makes a difference, my new hubs are PowerTap Comp versions.

If anyone has any experince of working on these, and whether this job can be done by a decent DIY'er, I'd also appreciate that - have just removed the main outer cover to have a looksie, and couldn't see much more than the removable mini-circuit board (that I presume is the transmitter?) that simply pulls out with two "puller" clips on either side and is curved to fit around the axle.

Once this was out, couldn't see much more than the small circuit connector pin that protrudes out from the inner reaches of the hub itself and it was especially obvious how to delve further into the hub - so given it's potential complexity, I left it and popped the mini-board back in....

Is there anyone on the forum that services PowerTap hubs by chance?

Many thanks

Back