dark red handle bar tape[cinelli ??]

oonaff

Senior Retro Guru
hi,any info on the above where to get. would be great,deda do one but cinelli bars and not keen on po red.cheers

Re:

Dark red as in wine red. Deda Chianti-colour is more like a rosé wine. Ever thought about Newbaum's Maroon cotton bartape?

hi frank,thank you for your response. when i looked on e-bay you are quite rite the description said 'chianti'
and it looked dark red in the photo but to me rose is heading towards pink!

yes i had considered cloth bar tape.as a last resort and even red leather but as the build is 90's i just wanted
to find out what was out there, as the graphics on the frame are deffinately a darker red.

thanks kevin, ps what bikes have you got ?

Re:

Hi Kevin,

I've got a '86 Gazelle Trim Trophy (Reynolds 531) with Golden Arrow group. Also got a Raleigh IMI titanium frame with 105 5600 group. Hope you'll find the correct colour bartape. Which bike have you got?

Best,
Frank

thanks frank, ive only got one bike running at the mo an old Halfords carrera 531 but would like to replace it with a george longstaff audax. ive got trek 2300 zx/lemond gan glx/koga roadracer 1982 with arabesue group.
these are all in bits at the mo but hopefully all finished next year.

be great if you could post some pics of your bikes here mate,and thanyou once again for your tip
on the cloth tape
kevin

Back