24 inch wheel with 3-speed hub

artgarfheinkel

Devout Dirtbag
A long shot I realise but I am after a steel/chrome 24 and 3/8ths inch rear wheel with a three-speed Sturmey Archer hub. It's for a 70s Puch.
Thank you

Yep we have one 24 1 3/8th.It has never been fitted the rim has some rust spots now but the hub and spokes are perfect.This is not mine but the shops so I will put the "Trade"sign up.£30 posted.jm.

Thank you. You said this is completely unused, correct? I have the bolts so I just need to see if I can remove the sprocket from the wheel I've got. Can you wait while I find out?

To get the old sprocket off use a thin screwdriver to get under the big spring clip.glasses or goggles are a good idea.It is brand new has been in our loft at work for a very long time.jm.

OK I got the sprocket off no problem - there wasn't a springclip; it just unscrewed. This is a 1973 hub am wondering if it will fit on yours OK. Can you show a pic of the side with the missing sprocket on yours? I can't see it it clearly on those two pics. Do you know why the sprocket is missing? Was it taken off for some reason?

All S/A sprockets have a spring clip to hold them on.If you have unscrewed it then you have taken to much off.
Exploded pic here. http://sheldonbrown.com/asc-tech.html
K463 being the clip you remove.
The wheel wouldn't have come with a sprocket,you would put on what size you need when you got it.jm.

Back