28.6 mm band-on boss:Downtube shifter clamp gear lever clip

Mac_Mwnci

Old School Hero
Anyone have a (deep breath) 28.6 mm band-on boss i.e a downtube shifter clamp gear lever clip? Not exactly sure what they're called to be honest. Needed as I'm adding STIs to my build and the frame lacks braze-ons. All is explained here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=292279

..I'm talking about this sort of thing

...and want to add adjusters like so

Yes you can buy a special part that does the job but in the past whenever I have needed bosses for ergolever/sti type adjusters I just took a pair of clamp on down tube gear levers from my spares box, removed the levers and washers revealing the bosses and clamped them it to the frame. You should find the adjusters screw in ok.

Re:

Apple Tree":2f6mwihw said:
whenever I have needed bosses for ergolever/sti type adjusters I just took a pair of clamp on down tube gear levers from my spares box, removed the levers and washers revealing the bosses and clamped them it to the frame.

Thanks for the tip. Problem is this is my first build and so I don't have a tool box full of spares (but I'm getting there - > +1 bikes in the house already :LOL: ) Its one of these bands that I'm after. Seen the modern clips here http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/origin8-down ... prod31401/ but not keen on it looks-wise, would prefer something more 'vintage'.

No Spares Box :( Don't worry, you will soon acquire one :twisted:

I will look in my spares box and see what I can find.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Blitzed loads of eBay sellers over last few days with questions about these. Will add this to my watch list and all. Ta!

Re:

Success! Finally sourced a clamp from a fellow forum member - now in the post (cheers again Rob!) So now I just need the adjusters. Anyone? I'm talking about these

or these

Cheers all :)

Latest posts

Back