Flight Deck/STIs plus 9 or 10 speed parts for bike build

Mac_Mwnci

Old School Hero
After a pair of Shimano Flight Deck/STIs/Brifters: 9 or 10 speed in good working order. Preferably Tiagra upwards. Ultegra would be nice!

Also similar groupset parts:

• Ultegra brake set or Dura Ace rear
    Front mech, preferably 28.6 band-on
    6700 or 5700 rear mech (30t max) plus 11-30 cassette
    Oh and a 27.2 aero style seat tube.

Let me know what you have!

Re:

got ultegra 6510 STI- one "ultegra"-cap is missing.... beneath this good condition... 2/9speed 50€ +postage

105 crank 172,5mm 53/39 with Octalink BB in good condition 35€ + postage

Re:

Cheers for your offer but I scored a pair of Dura Ace 9 speed STIs on eBay for £35 a couple of days ago. They'll be rough cosmetically but will get me moving with my build which I hope to update here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=292279

Dura Ace 7700 crankset and Ultegra Octalink BB are already in place and a Dura Ace FD 7800* is in the post.

So I'm still looking for:

• 9 speed GS type rear mech (to run 11-30 on the back)
    1 x front Dura Ace 7700 brake plus fixing bolt for a 7700 rear

oh and I'd love a 3ttt Evol 2002 or similar hinged style stem!

*anyone know if this is 9 speed compatible? If not I'll need to add a 9 speed 28.6mm band-on front mech to the list as well

The FD7800 should be fine with the 7700, it's only when Mr. Shimano got greedy and decided to fanny around with the cable pull with the later 10 speed series (& indeed again on 11 speed) when you encounter problems.

I have a pair of very good Ultegra 6500 brake calipers though it looks like you're going down the DA route.
£37 posted anyway and they come with as new non series shimano pads plus a set of hardly used unbranded pads with alloy holders.

Re:

Will keep the offer in mind. If I can't find a front DA 7700 to match the rear I might get back to you as don't mind mixing up the groupset with a bit of Ultegra. Talking of which, would a RD 6700 play nice with my proposed set-up then? Since I've 53-39 up front I'm determined to have 11-30 on the rear. There's so much conflicting info online :? Good to know that the 7800 will be ok. Next question is how to shim it down from a 31.8 mm :facepalm: Also still looking for a definitive answer to why my frame's braze-on-less (I bleated on about it in my topic) Guy in LBS recommends having a frame builder put 'em back and long-term I will if I like the way it rides then I'll obviously get it resprayed as well. Will post a question on this here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=292279

I'm hoping this'll do for the shim http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/shimano-ulte ... prod25053/ and this for a cable stop http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/origin8-clam ... prod26491/

Re: Re:

Mac_Mwnci":3md8y0l3 said:
Talking of which, would a RD 6700 play nice with my proposed set-up then?
/[/url]
No it won't, the cable pull ratio doesn't match, you'll get a few sprockets then a load of crud..You can get long cage Ultegra 6500 which are easier to find than DA 7700 long cage. 7800/6600 would also work. One other way of getting around this is to try a short cage because honestly you'll only be in the biggest sprocket when on the 39 ring (well you should be!!). On top of that you screw in the B screw as far as it'll go..or take it out and put it in the reverse way which will lift the jockey/G pulley wheel even higher.
Mac_Mwnci":3md8y0l3 said:
how to shim it down from a 31.8 mm :facepalm:
/[/url]
I'd say at £5.50 including delivery is it worth it, just buy a 28.6.

Re:

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Learning curve is steeper than Allt Prenteg* :LOL: but I'm getting somewhere with this now.

Good news regarding the shim as well : Want to convert or shim dura ace fd 7800 front derailler that has has a 31.8mm band on to 28.6 mm. Would this do it? Can I just buy a new 28.6 band?

Reply from SJS Cycles - 7th July 2014
Hi, This set of clamp band adapters will work fine with your front derailleur. Thanks.

*just ask anyone who did last year's Wild Wales Challenge

Latest posts

Back