SORTED< THANKS SHED :D.. Seatpost help in Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyf39

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
EDIT, many thanks to Paul for helping me out on Sunday, saved me having to fork out for a post I didn't really need.
Absolte top geezer and he supports Hull FC too :cool: :D

I'm visiting the folks & collecting a bike (purchased on ebay & collected by my parents) to ride part ways back from the train journey home (about 50 miles)
Sadly the bike has a few problems, namely frame smaller than described but worse is that the seatpost used is too small for the tube and the binder bolt tabs had been forced inwards to compensate. On top of that the seatpost was hacked down & only a few cm inserted literally just past the top tube.
I'm not entirely sure what diameter post it takes though it is an early/mid 90s ish 531 (renovated) but doesn't seem to be a 27.2, a rudimentary measure would indicate a 26.8(inserted post about a 26.2!!)
If aanyone has a cheapo seatpost in the Hull area they'd like to sell me or indeed lend me one & I'll post it back plus I'll donate a couple of quid for a charity of their nomination I'd be very grateful.
I need something by Sunday afternoon tbh otherwise I'll have to go to one of the bike shops around here and honestly I don't 'need' a seatpost but this gets me out of a situation.
thanks
Tony

Re: Re:

shed":h2qmf6xd said:
just looked only got 27.2
thanks pal, pretty certain it isn't a 27.2 but as i only had a tailors tape to measure with i might be out?
i'm in Sutton so could maybe swing by to check if it might or even if you have a pair of calipers to measure would be a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back