Wanted, kids lightweight racing bike for a 10YO girl

davkt

Dirt Disciple
As the title says I'm looking for a vintage kids racer for my 10 yo as she wants to ride the Eroica Britannia with me this time next year, condition not important as I can fix it so long as there are no terminal faults, though I do need it to a lightweight, she is more of a climbers build than a powerhouse sprinter so one of those bike shaped objects made out of gas pipes that weigh about as much as small car won't do what we need!

Whats your budget fella, I've got an almost perfect unidentified mini fillet frame and sparkly chrome fork gathering dust in my hoard, really is the real thing, in Norfolk however..

Budget is flexible depending what is on offer, but guess I was thinking a couple of hundred or so for the complete bike, don't mind getting it in bits, haven't built a bike from the frame up in far too long! Frame sounds interesting, what size is it and what size wheels does it take? She is currently riding a Triban 3 Junior with 24" wheels but guess by next summer she will be ready for 26" or 650c.

Back