Cheap frame

Campagmatic

Devout Dirtbag
Hi, I'm looking for a frame for my next build. I'm not looking for anything fancy, I have almost a bikes worth of spare parts so I may as well build something up to clear space for my next 'proper' project.

My only criteria are; Straight, 54-60cm, preferably with fork, under £80 posted.

Brand doesn't matter as long as it's decent(ish) quality, paint/sticker condition is irrelevant because I like to strip and respray. Try me.
Thanks
Aaron.

Re:

It's really lovely, I'd love to own that frame. Most of the parts I have are 80's 90's era though so I would have to start from scratch as far a rebuild is concerned. I have been tempted to delve further back in time and to start working on older bikes though. Very tempting indeed, but if I start buying 50's 60's part at the rate I am with my current bikes (and I will) she'll kick me out by this time next week. I might be in touch about it soon though :roll: Cheers.

Re:

Ha ha. I know what you mean!

I also have a box containing some of the original parts including Campag gran sport (matchbox style) front mech, Campag gran sport rear mech 1st edition, handlebars and stem, that are original to the frame.

I would be interested in doing a deal with these if interested

Re:

In that case I'll be in touch if I still have my head above water on my next pay day. That's if someone else doesn't snap it up first. Cheers.

Peugeot competition frame (1979?)

531 frame

54/54

Lots of 'patina'!

I also have some nice chrome 531 forks that would go with this for £20 (if you buy the frame).

Bottom bracket cup is stuck at the moment...

£45 posted

0938a6ce2c7da62bf6bbe1a366d88118_zpsb2c7477a.jpg

533598975b2ee35404c5f63e7e8e9d28_zps37807b3a.jpg

Unknown 531 race frame. 1980's?

54/54
126 rear spacing.
700c wheels.

Surface rust - frame has already been resprayed and could do with a fresh lick of paint.

Recessed allen key type brakes.

Bottom bracket cup is still there in the photo but has been removed.

£65 posted

759fc7284e4b69bccf1b01ec4d4bb05d_zps636e3100.jpg

No, i haven't really tried that hard. I haven't really got a good method yet for doing it. I get my lbs to do the stubborn ones, they charge me a tenner, i think they use two scaffold poles.

Re:

I can't decide between the two. I'll mull it over today and get back to you later. I like the idea of respraying and restoring the Peugeot back to it's former glory though. Thanks.

Back