C Record(era) front hub (lf); 30mm Rim; Super Record Groupo

EPR

Old School Hero
Hey guys

As per title really, looking to build up a new front rim for summer training.

Hub
C-Record front hub ideally, but would settle for Croce d'Aune or similar (as long as it has that lovely raised oil-port in the middle).
Condition, not too fussed (will probably service, repack, and polish anyway) as long as the spoke holes aren't too scarred from previous build as I'm looking to lace them radially and have been told to watch out for potential stress lines.
Original skewer preferred but not necessary.
32h and low flange would be grand!
Around £15/20 - unless that's way too ambitious?

Rim
Looking for anything 30mm for the road, preferably silver rim with black or dark grey aero section.
Hole count to match hub when found - probably 32 though.
Condition, lightly used preferred - no dings or dents. As long as there's plenty of life left I'll be interested.
Around £10/15?

Groupset
Also, just out of interest, I was planning on building an all-Italian summer tourer and have been eyeing up the classic black Super Record as a potential mini groupset (derailleurs, crankset).
First question is whether anyone would advice against 2X8 with super record controlling it all for cycling around italy (including a pass through the alps)?
Second question is whether anyone on here has some of the items for sale? The only thing is that I'm on quite a tight budget for the whole build (student living in the capital blah blah) so Super Record may have to wait unless anyone has anything for cheap :)

Thanks!

Back