SWAP: Campagnolo Khamsin Disc Wheel, for Wheel set.

Campagmatic

Devout Dirtbag
Hi, I'm looking to swap my Khamsin rear disc wheel. It is configured for track use with 120mm rear spacing and a single speed cog, fitted with a brand new Vittoria tubular tyre. The condition is good overall, the discs are very clean and hub is clean, solid and running smoothly. The rim is marked in places and the join has moved about 1mm from flush.
I would truly love to keep hold of this and one day build a bike to put it on, but I don't think my budget will ever allow for it, so I'd like to swap it and finish my current project.
I would like to trade this for a pair of wheels (or possibly just a rear) that would suit my early 90's F. Moser Corsa. Preferably with 7 speed cassette or 7 speed compatible.
I'm based in Norwich and I'd like to avoid posting the disc wheel if possible as I don't have a protective bag. I may also consider selling if collected.
I'll include the pictures I have, more detailed images can be added if anyone is interested.
Thanks.
[URL=http://s386.photobucket.com/us...bucket.com/albums/oo307/twang20/315.jpg[/img][/url]
[URL=http://s386.photobucket.com/us...bucket.com/albums/oo307/twang20/308.jpg[/img][/url]
[URL=http://s386.photobucket.com/us...bucket.com/albums/oo307/twang20/317.jpg[/img][/url]
[url][/url]

Is it threaded for a cluster on the other side under that cap, It's got a hollow axle for a Quick release i see ( i have one here in Australia with threads on both sides)

Re:

I hadn't noticed that, I think I could potentially convert this and use it on my geared bike but I imagine finding a longer axle and an expert to do the work might be beyond my patience (and my budget).

120mm OLD just constrains you to 6 speed freewheels , with some extra spacers on either end of the axle you can get 126mm and 7 speeds , on paper if you can get up to 130mm you can fit 8 speeds but as the dish of this wheel cannot be altered(compared to spokes) i think that will be a struggle

Re:

But where would I find the axles? I wouldn't know where to start :? Nice to know it's possible though, I'll be looking out for the chance to convert it while I still have hold of it, but I'll sell/swap it on if there's any interest in the meantime.

why buy an axle , there is plenty of length to put spacers between the cones and locknuts ,its a nice old style disc wheel but tubular tyre punctures are a pain for everyday use IMO

Re:

I don't think I follow, I know I can put 6 speed on this axle, maybe even 7, but the axle is still 120 and my frame is 126mm and I don't want to nip it together.

as above ....if you put 6mm of spacers between the cones and locknuts (eg 2mm NDS and 4mm driveside) there will be enough additional space for an extra cog freewheel OR you can still fit a 5 or 6 speed freewheel if you wanted , as long as there is ~ 3mm of axle sticking out past the locknuts both sides it will sit fine in any frame

ps a steel frame will nip down 3mm each side EASILY

Back