Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Evening all ,

Looking for a pair of Shimano aero brake levers , Dura Ace or Ultegra , with BLACK hoods . Can anyone help ?

thanks , ;)

Mike

Hi Mike,

Any ideas what model? Hoods may prove a problem or, more correctly, an expensive problem.

Richard

Re:

Hi Richard ,

Just been looking through archive , but model numbers seem to vary within groupsets :?
Dura Ace is around 7400-7403 , and Ultegra 6400-6403 .

More confused than normal :facepalm: :LOL:

Mike

Mike,

I am always confused - I don't worry worry about it!!

Just to give you an idea - 7400 brake levers with shifters - sti's or brifters (i think brifters is frowned upon) are expensive, very expensive. I was looking for some but gave up due to cost - NOS or VGC ones are around £175 from memory. Ultegra should be cheaper and i don't know an awful lot about them. I think i read that it is possible to mix Ultegra and DA calipers but take advice on that.

These are 7401 levers -

And i think if you click on the pic it will send you to my other DA bits and bobs.

There are many variations in aero levers, SLX being one, as seen here -

Again, click on the pic should show more.

And i am pretty sure i have Exage levers somewhere.

Confusion is normal, there are plenty of options but perhaps you should consider the cost of the DA stuff first. Unless you are a millionaire!! LOL

There are plenty of options for you, it is just the balance of cost vs want as always.

I hope i have not confused even more.

Richard

Re:

Thanks Richard ,

I know what I'm after mate . Just aero brake levers , like the Dura Ace ones you showed , or mayybe Ultegra . Not sti levers ;) I already have down tube shifters .

Mike

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Thanks for your help Richard ,

sorry I should have said , for neat cable run out of back of lever , not sticky outy types :oops:

Mike

Mike, that was me being an arse! Quick ebay search and i was not looking.

The first ones are aero!!! Get your cheque book out!!!

Richard

Re:

This is more like it ,

Ultegra ,

and Dura Ace,

Mike

Attachments

• ultegra aero lever.jpg
    ultegra aero lever.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 333
  • dura ace aero lever.jpg
    dura ace aero lever.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 333
Mike,

Have i missed what bike you are putting this on?

Here is the Ultegra groupset -

They work well.

Richard

Back