Wanted - ladies good quality touring bike or frame, mixte

beenbrun

Dirt Disciple
Hello. I am new here. My name is Ben, I'm from London. I am looking for a mixte style touring frame for my girlfriend. I missed out on a Mercian frame in Germany last week, I am getting impatient and looking at mixte's on ebay.

My plan is to put a shimano triple on the front and a 9 speed shimano cassette on the rear, an upright handlebar and deore thumb shifters. So I need something with 130 oln. Or something that can be pushed out a bit.

My girlfriend is 5"4.

If anyone has a really nice ladies frame I would be willing to pay up to £180 including postage, or £300-500 for a full bike depending on how much upgrading it would need. I could go higher if someone has a good bike with great modern gears that their wife never uses.

On failing to find any exceptionally nice frames or bicycles on ebay I have admired the raleigh silhouette, that is the kind of thing I am looking for shape wise? Are they any good? Any opinions for light touring?

thanks, Ben

I live in Deptford, so have 2 Witcombs, a Freddie Grubb, surly cross check with 60mm fat franks and a 2010 Dawes Galaxy

Re: Wanted - ladies good quality touring bike or frame, mixt

Ben, I've got a full bike already to go. 531 Mixte and completely kitted out with triple and flat bar trigger shifters, mudguards and decent Mavic Comos wheels..I think I had the advert on here, but just look up my posts from my profile and you should find it or PM me an email & I'll send you the full details

Back