21" steel touring frame wanted

EllisB

Retro Newbie
I'm searching for a 21" steel touring frame to build up for my partner. I already have all the other bits (including forks) but am missing this crucial part.

My only requirements are cantilever bosses and mounts for a rack and mud guards.

Thanks.

Re:

My budget is fairly tight so not looking for a perfect condition frame. Finding a frame with no forks would be ideal to keep costs down. Can't afford anything above £100.

Hi, I have a nice frame available with no forks (They were damaged when removing a stuck stem). Not entirely sure of the make but it was something quite good. The tubing is Tange Prestige and it is well equipped with braze ons for racks, water bottles, gears. It is probably spaced at 126mm for 7 speed but will spring or reset to 130mm for a more modern set up. The colour is a translucent yellow, which I never liked, over entirely chrome, which I do. The yellow will come off quite easily with paint stripper to leave a beautiful shiny tourer to match any colour forks.
All this could be yours for £50 +postage. PM me and I will dig it out for pictures.
Cheers, Geoffrey

Back