1983 Raleigh Competition 12

elpirata

Retro Newbie
Hi I am new here, I am looking to buy an original as possible 1983 Raleigh Competition 12, I bought one new for about £270 which was a huge amount for me at the time, but stupidly sold it around 1987 and didn't get another bike till 2003.

http://www.bulgier.net/pics/bike/Catalo ... l83_04.jpg

confused about sizing, I think it was a 24.5 inch frame (but it might have been 23.5) which seems big by modern standards. I am 6 foot 2.5 in, with 33 inch inseam, I just bought a 58cm bike which is correct for me i think, but I have the feeling in the 80's that we bought bigger frames, 23.5 is 60 and 24.5 is 62, would I really have had one that big? (they did measure me in the shop though), what would have been the norm in 1983?

anyone got any leads for one of these, I would be very grateful, I don't think it was the best bike at the time but it was very light and had a beautiful iridescent green paint job.

Hi Bill,

thank you very much for the pointer, but unfortunately its not very original in terms of running gear (which was Campagnolo)

maybe when i start to struggle finding one, I will start to consider this type of option

Regards

Back