Need 7 speed insert for Campagnolo Syncro shifters

Sir Walter

Raleigh Fan
HI Guys, I am looking for a 7 speed Grey insert for Campagnolo Syncro 1 downtube shifter, I am using Croce d'une rear mech and Regina 7 speed block.
Feel free to lambaste me for wanting to use this combo but I have a perverse desire for over engineered obsolete parts that nobody else uses.
If anybody has any spare parts for these shifters and or inserts please let me know.

cheers Barry

The grey insert is as rare as rocking sh1t sadly. Only Croce d'Aune used the grey insert and not many people used Croce d'Aune!

You may see the insert included for sale with the shifters and derailleurs as I had considered that for my bike, as mentioned keep an eye on Ebay and check worldwide listings as a lot of this stuff appear in Italy.

Martin

Thanks guys, I think i've found one, should be on its way to me any day now.
It has the right part number but I won't raise my hopes until I have it in my hand.

Bought some NOS syncro 1 levers on ebay a couple of weeks ago, supposed to be 7 speed but arrived with yellow 6 speed insert, but even more annoyed to find that one of the crucial internal parts and a washer is missing, I can only imagine some meddler got inside to change the insert and dropped this piece.
They were otherwise as new and in superb condition, I have found another NOS set lets hope I have better luck with these.

I have a bag full of bits of syncro levers (not 7 speed inserts; I'm using the ones I have). If you can let me know somehow what the missing parts are, I can have a look for you.
Nick

Hi Nick

I need number 12 and the washer number 9 in the diagram

12 is the part that locates onto the square frame mount and engages into the gear insert.

Would be grateful if you could have a look, its a pretty crucial part and they are useless without it,
I could machine one down from the equivalent part in the syncro 2 levers with a few minor engineering tweeks
But obviously there is no substitute for the correct part.
Trying to upload diagram

Cheers Barry

Syncro bits and bobs, including 12 and 9 for Syncro 1 (for Barry), 6 speed "C" insert (yellow?), and a complete 6 speed RH lever. I have a complete set (LH + RH) of Syncro levers somewhere, too. Probably 6 speed, but possibly 8.
If anyone else is looking and needs any of these bits, let me know.
Nick

Attachments

• DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 509
Back