Complete bike 58/60cm upto £300ish

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
As per title....looking for a bike 58/60cm centre bb to top of seat tube size wanted...something probably a bit more modern...STI gears...upto £300 to spend...something like a Spesh Allez etc

Let me know what you have!

Doug

Re: Complete bike 56/58/60cm upto £200

Doug, you sure you have your sizes right? I'd have thought you would want a 60, even 58 might be a bit small.

Yeah not too sure need to check my trying out some for size...

coomber":3t2kgezx said:
Doug, you sure you have your sizes right? I'd have thought you would want a 60, even 58 might be a bit small.

Ok here's what I have found out! Road bikes seem to be measured in werid ways! I went into my LBS today who are a stockist of Specialized bikes and the guys there thought a 61cm Allez would fit me...I slung my leg over and it felt pretty good. So I asked where the 61cm was measured from...centre bb to about 5cm up the seat post??! He explaiined that the measurement is taken from the top of the head tube in a level horizonal line across to the seat post. Given that the Allez has a sloping top tube this meant the it hit the seat post. So the actual measurement of the seat tube is probably nearer 56/57cm...

...so are all bikes measured in this weird way?? This is why I thought I would need a 58cmish frame...do other brands measure differently?

Yours confusedly!

Doug

Modern sloped top tube frames are measured like that. Retro bikes are generally centre to centre.

Just as an aid, I too am proportioned like an ape. I'm 6 foot with long body/arms and the frame I had built was a 57cm. I have another which is 59 that also fits. This actually has a shorter top tube than the 57. You just need to try a few.

Iwasgoodonce":321vk87m said:
Modern sloped top tube frames are measured like that. Retro bikes are generally centre to centre.

Just as an aid, I too am proportioned like an ape. I'm 6 foot with long body/arms and the frame I had built was a 57cm. I have another which is 59 that also fits. This actually has a shorter top tube than the 57. You just need to try a few.

Thanks for the info...have corrected the wanted ad to more like a 58/60cm c2t...

Re: Complete bike 58/60cm upto £200

I'm fed up with already... :roll:

£200 posted

file.php

Re: Complete bike 58/60cm upto £200

A mix of Sora 9spd shifters, Tiagra 9spd mechs

Dura ace chainset

Gipemme Techno wheelset

Brand spanky new SRAM PC 951 chain

Deda Newton bars/ stem

105 dual pivots

full carbon fork