Can you help with 13 Year old's 'semi-karma' build?

Jerry Thurston

Dirt Disciple
Over the weekend the luckiest boy in the world was given a high quality frame and forks.

He wants to build a light single speed
It's currently in mock up/ design stage sitting on a pair of slave wheels nicked from dad.... Using chopped down bars as look alike bull horns

He's going to need
Bull horn bars... track type brake levers
Crank set, brakes the list is endless.

I'm reckoning that if we don't ask well never know so, what I'm asking for on Ed's behalf is could you have a riffle through the boxes for any the stuff that you have lying around which you won't get around to using.
I (dad) although I say-so some what immodestly... Am a bit of a whiz with the polishing machine, so those nice brakes with the awful scratches... that's the sort of thing that we would love to rescue to give new a lease of life to.

His budget is nil hence the Karma build title but I reckon that good ole dad could be persuaded to come up with a few quid to pay for postage or even fork out for something really tasty.

Massive thanks in anticipation on behalf of Ed

Jerry Thurston

it would be much easier to help if you could make a list of what is needed, i.e. english or italian bb, what tyres (tubs?), etc.

Many thanks LDP. A very kind offer
One of the few things that the bike came with was a headset. So that can go to help somebody else.

Build thread... Now that's a plan.
Project a little delayed currently but due to be re-instated in a month or two.
There has been progress though.
A pal came up with a pair of lovely hubs as a late Christmas pressie for Ed so 32 hole rims are on the list...
Ed got a 'well done' postcard home from school this week so I have told him that I am prepared to stump up some cash on his behalf if somebody has a sexy pair.

can you not educate him to build a proper bike - something that will be a work of art, instead of a hipster's fixie.

only joking, each to their own

Back