Has anybody got one of these??

kettlo

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys, starting a new project, recently aquired a raleigh 531 frame with shot in stays etc from about 1986. She needs a full respray and i am going for the raleigh panasonic team colours.

Frame arrived without head badge. I believe the one pictured is the correct age of badge.

Has anyone got one and if so what price.

Cheers

Stephen

Attachments

• herron.jpg
    herron.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 558
I do, but it's not EXACTLY the same as it doesn't have the three little screw holes - though you could add them. Also by 1986 IIRC the logo would say simply RALEIGH rather than THE RALEIGH - hope this helps and PM if you want a pic?

Thanks for that guys, but I just got the frame and have discovered a dent in the top tube. When looking at this from seat tube to head tube I can see that the top tube is bent downwards at the dent. Not very noticable but its enough to put me off restoring the frame.

I havent made my mind up yet about it hough so i will get back to you if i decide to go ahead.

Thanks

Stephen

Forks and everything look great. The dent is hardly noticible. It took me a couple of goes to find it even though the seller told me about it. It really looks like something heavy fell on it from above although I might give it another look over...

Stephen

Its very hard to photograph but the damage is beside the middle cable guide. I was taking these pictures to show the curve in the tube...

I havent pictured from sideways on because you wouldnt be able to see it.

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 365
  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 365
Back