Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:12 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:25 pm 

Hi, I'm looking for an old TA, 5 arm chainring adaptor spyder, BCD 144 or 135, that I can use with Campagnolo rings.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:51 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

I think you may be looking for quite a while. I'm not aware of any TA 'adaptor' that fits Campag rings. The TA 'adaptor' only takes TA rings which are 6-pin and a completely different BCD. Williams AB77 alloy cotterless chainsets used an 'adaptor' system and which will fit TA, Stronglight etc. cranks and the old Campag 152BCD rings.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:15 pm 

Hi, thanks for your comment and I probably will be waiting awhile for this item to turn up! The fact is however, when younger, ah remember that! I had a Mercian with said TA 5 arm adaptor spyder at 144 BCD and Stronglight 49D cranks with Loytard pedals, I'm now trying to recreate a similar bike, hence my request.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:22 am 
Retro Guru

I have a standard 1960's spare double TA adaptor and some 6 bolt rings if your search proves fruitless for the elusive 144 BCD version....like the earlier post from Old Ned I'm also unaware that there was ever a version available in a 144 BCD are you sure you didn't have a Williams AB77 adaptor that looked very similar coupled with 5 bolt Campag 151 BCD rings?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:57 pm 

Hi, thank you for the message, I might have doubted my memory, but, I was just recently at the Pedal Pedlar shop in London and they had one, sadly, it had a crack in it, so no good. I was unaware of the Williams lookalike, so, many thanks for that information, if all else fails, in time, I'll may be resort to that solution, at least it would look similar.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:57 pm 

Hi, thank you for the message, I might have doubted my memory, but, I was just recently at the Pedal Pedlar shop in London and they had one, sadly, it had a crack in it, so no good. I was unaware of the Williams lookalike, so, many thanks for that information, if all else fails, in time, I'll may be resort to that solution, at least it would look similar.