XS Women's road / hybrid bike

player

GT Fan
Feedback
View
The wife has been riding a little xs Trek 6000 WCD (14") we bought new back in 2000 and now say's she fancies a road bike which is fine but iv'e put in the word hybrid as to be honest think she would find the flat bar's a lot more comfortable.So either a women's hybrid or road bike with 700cc wheel's.

She's 5.1 in height :LOL:

Thank's

Modern or Retro? double, compact or triple cranks? steel or Alu/ carbon? Budget?

That'll help you getting what you want, I may have something depending on your specifics. :)

Drop bars more comfortable than flats, you have 3 positions to choose from...

I've a fully rebuilt Ladies 531 frame complete with modern 3x8 groupset & proper (read useful) gear ratios and decent women's saddle.
My advert is as below;

Very nice 19" Mixte Reynolds 531 frame & forks

Has 'Saracen' badging but isn't, this was originally sold by RJ Cycles of which I have no info, the lugwork is reasonably nice but doesn't stand out particularly.
I bought this to get an old school friend back in Hull into cycling and rebuilt it from F&F upwards with general riding & light touring in mind.
It has done approx 250-300 miles since being built up. she's already bought another bike for cycling to work (yay) and can't justify keeping two.(boooo)
I fitted a new shimano 46/34/24 alloy triple and sealed BB for starters, completely new & unused shimano chain
New Alivio 8 speed rapid fire pods, new shimano R-440 brake levers (for calipers/cantis) mounted on a nice light Ritchey 6061 bar, has Club Roost bar ends and very good handlebar grips.
An excellent used Tiagra rear derailleur & old style Shimano front derailleur give excellent shifting in every gear combination.
With a 12-28 cassette there's a very decent selection of low down gears for most inclines.
Long drop shimano & Alhonga nutted brake calipers (Non recessed) in mint condition with hardly used pads.
Ladies Madison saddle that is properly comfy, 27.2mm pin of no particular note.

The wheels I wanted to be something decent and to make getting along a breeze so I got some excellent used Mavic Cosmos (28/24 spoke). These run super smoothly, braking surfaces are excellent with very little wear with just some minor cosmetics on the hub shells. Tyres are a 28mm Gatorskin back & 23mm Michelin Axial Bi-Sport (to keep the steering light) I have the other Michelin should you want it.
Full length narrow mudguards with front flap and a nice Elite bottle cage.
The alloy flat pedals with rubber grips were bought recently though do show sign of use.
She's approx 11kg, maybe a shade less.

9597262741_0232e83500_b.jpg

Jesus really sorry i haven't come back to this,completely forgot.

bikenut2010 she wants something modern and im guessing ally really as its light and not to pricey.

Gearing wise a triple is probably going to more useful where we live although if a nice enough bike comes our way with double we can go down that route.Money wise she wants to spend about £200-£300 ish.

toneyf39 I love the retro look but the wife want's something modern and up to date.Many thank's anyway :cool:

player":1imhot4b said:
Jesus really sorry i haven't come back to this,completely forgot.

bikenut2010 she wants something modern and im guessing ally really as its light and not to pricey.

Gearing wise a triple is probably going to more useful where we live although if a nice enough bike comes our way with double we can go down that route.Money wise she wants to spend about £200-£300 ish.

toneyf39 I love the retro look but the wife want's something modern and up to date.Many thank's anyway :cool:
ok I'll keep looking! Condition?

Back