Wanted: Small road bike

Chris D

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Posted on here about a year ago looking for a Ribble steel bike from the mid '90's with a Campy groupset but had no success. Maybe it was because I was even dreaming of finding one in pink and purple fade like my original. How sad am I.

Will widen my net a bit further then.

It has got to be small. I ride a 16 inch Kona, am 5' 7'' but only have a 27'' inside leg. A bit dis-proportioned I am but hopefully that helps.

I would like it to be Campy if posible, but may be willing to give SRAM a try though that maybe out of my price range. Frame can be steel (but good quality) or aluminium. And the complete bike should be very good condition at the very least.

I have a price range in mind but may also be able to do some trades. I will soon be parting with my Kona (it will be sad. I have had it new since '94) and a Specialized Stumpy Pro FSR.

No Giant or Shimano please as this was the last road bike I had, invested a fair bit of money and hated the complete feel.

Thank you if you have managed to read all this. Much appreciated.

Hi

Maybe of interest, 51cm Seat Tube C/C . Diavolo Columbus SL Tubing .Red with Chrome forks and rear Triangle,Alas only Brakes and seat post are Campag, Shimano 105 Chainset and Front and rear Mech. with Dura Ace 10 speed down tube levers ,Turbo saddle ,3TTT Bars and Stem .Great Wheels Ultegra Hubs with Mavic Open Pro Rims, Continental Super Sport Tyres

£350

email for Pics. coureur@tiscali.co.uk

Sudbury Suffolk, G.Y. just to far for viewing

eugene":2z5teidw said:
Hi

Maybe of interest, 51cm Seat Tube C/C . Diavolo Columbus SL Tubing .Red with Chrome forks and rear Triangle,Alas only Brakes and seat post are Campag, Shimano 105 Chainset and Front and rear Mech. with Dura Ace 10 speed down tube levers ,Turbo saddle ,3TTT Bars and Stem .Great Wheels Ultegra Hubs with Mavic Open Pro Rims, Continental Super Sport Tyres

£350

email for Pics. coureur@tiscali.co.uk

Sudbury Suffolk, G.Y. just to far for viewing

Hi. Thanks for the reply. The frame sounds nice but too much Shimano I am affraid. And I would really like combined shifters/brakes.

Thanks again.

Chris

Back