Dura ace AX dynadrive pedals

jamesmackenzie

Retro Newbie
Long shot with this one but does anyone have, or be aware of where to source the (nylon ?) seal that holds the ball bearings and grease within the pedal/crank interface on this? I've lost one , and as they're a lovely set of pedals i'm fairly keen to try to get it fixed up.

otherwise will be needing adaptors to fit standard pedals into the larger socket on the dyna drive cranks which will all be a bit disappointing.

cheers, james

Hi,

Here are the pedals - NOS and with a sale price -

http://defietsenmaker.nl/index.php?item ... 77&lang=EN

You could check with Mario at the above link, he might be bale to assist.

If you get stuck and have to get adaptors - Olavi (RB ID ojn) can supple them and a suitable spanner for reasonable money - i think his ad is on page one of the component sales at the moment.

Good luck,

Richard

Fantastic.

Thanks very much Richard. I'd seen the adaptors and they look a good last resort - but would prefer to keep the originals if possible so ill get on touch with mario.

Thanks again

Just as a final thought, it might be worth asking Olavi about the seals too - he knows his DA stuff too!!!

Richard

Hi James,

I would like to ask how you opened up the Dyna Drive pedals. I'm attempting to service a set but for the life of me
cannot seem to open up the pedals. I've got them off the bike already. I've inserted a Hex key into the screw on the 'rear' of the spindle (the side that would be closest to your downtube), tried turning anti-clockwise with the pedal body secure but it will not budge. If i'm doing it right, i'll try and apply MORE force but as yet I'm nervous I'm doing it incorrectly.

Thanks
Paul

jamesmackenzie":o8kjuq0j said:
Long shot with this one but does anyone have, or be aware of where to source the (nylon ?) seal that holds the ball bearings and grease within the pedal/crank interface on this? I've lost one , and as they're a lovely set of pedals i'm fairly keen to try to get it fixed up.

otherwise will be needing adaptors to fit standard pedals into the larger socket on the dyna drive cranks which will all be a bit disappointing.

cheers, james

Back