Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:33 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:29 pm 

Long shot with this one but does anyone have, or be aware of where to source the (nylon ?) seal that holds the ball bearings and grease within the pedal/crank interface on this? I've lost one , and as they're a lovely set of pedals i'm fairly keen to try to get it fixed up.

otherwise will be needing adaptors to fit standard pedals into the larger socket on the dyna drive cranks which will all be a bit disappointing.

cheers, james

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:17 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Hi,

Here are the pedals - NOS and with a sale price -

http://defietsenmaker.nl/index.php?item ... 77&lang=EN

You could check with Mario at the above link, he might be bale to assist.

If you get stuck and have to get adaptors - Olavi (RB ID ojn) can supple them and a suitable spanner for reasonable money - i think his ad is on page one of the component sales at the moment.

Good luck,

Richard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:52 pm 

Fantastic.

Thanks very much Richard. I'd seen the adaptors and they look a good last resort - but would prefer to keep the originals if possible so ill get on touch with mario.

Thanks again

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:53 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Just as a final thought, it might be worth asking Olavi about the seals too - he knows his DA stuff too!!!

Richard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:15 pm 
Old School Hero

If you contact these guys, they may be able to make you some in a couple of days, if you can tell them the size and type of material. I've used them to make brake washers that I couldn't find anywhere:

http://www.rhnuttall.co.uk/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:15 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi James,

I would like to ask how you opened up the Dyna Drive pedals. I'm attempting to service a set but for the life of me
cannot seem to open up the pedals. I've got them off the bike already. I've inserted a Hex key into the screw on the 'rear' of the spindle (the side that would be closest to your downtube), tried turning anti-clockwise with the pedal body secure but it will not budge. If i'm doing it right, i'll try and apply MORE force but as yet I'm nervous I'm doing it incorrectly.

Thanks
Paul

jamesmackenzie wrote:
Long shot with this one but does anyone have, or be aware of where to source the (nylon ?) seal that holds the ball bearings and grease within the pedal/crank interface on this? I've lost one , and as they're a lovely set of pedals i'm fairly keen to try to get it fixed up.

otherwise will be needing adaptors to fit standard pedals into the larger socket on the dyna drive cranks which will all be a bit disappointing.

cheers, james