Wanted: 24 spline freewheel extractor

Colin_P

Dirt Disciple
Ladies / Gents,

I wonder if anyone can help me?

I'm after to beg / (not steal) / borrow / buy a 24 spline freewheel remover.

At least that is what I think I need (2nd post here, so please forgive my stupidity).

This is what I need to remove;
DSCF3259_zps9c2eba9b.jpg

DSCF3258_zps02969700.jpg

As per the forum rules, I really don't know what to say in terms of cost? I'm in Maidenhead Berks.

Many thanks,
Colin

Thanks Guru,

I cannot for the life of me find that item on the site. The link you posted won't let me return or view the basket.

But yes, that looks like the fella I need.

Many thanks.

Thanks to everyone.

I've sourced a few and they are all in the region of £20 to £25.

Not worth it for something i'll only use once. A new cog set plus tool can be had for about £10.

I'll take the wheel in if needs be and hopefully get it done for 'a drink'

HI again,

Perhaps a phone call to SJS might be worth the cost - SJSCycles Mail Order sales office - 01278 441500

If the link above is right, they are much cheaper but i did notice that they are rare.

Richard

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks TGR,

This is on hold at the moment as I have managed to clean it well enough without removing it.

Looking online, I can pick up a new 5 cog freewheel AND tool for the price of that tool.

Good find though !

Just a minor point - you will need a remover to remove the current freewheel. And if you decide to use it, at least you have it. Failing that, your LBS may have one to use, if you decide to change it.

Richard

Latest posts

Back