Entry level Road bike recomendations £200

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
I am looking to get a replacement for the old steel bike, to bridge the gap before I can afford a carbon bike.

What are people riding in the entry level range road bikes, I am by no means an expert but want Aluminium something along the lines of a Giant OCR.

Budget £200 max
Without downtube shifters

Or is this a waste of money - should I buy a new bike along the lines of the much praised Specialized Allez ?

Midlife":3jsfm0ez said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trek-1-2-road-bike-/390647276092?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item5af464623c

Shaun

Thanks, I like the look of that beastie - not watching auction with interest ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
hamster":10san7dw said:
Nothing new will be worth having. I'd be looking at something around 5 years old.

The dilemma I have is that I cant (quite) afford the older ones I like, but I have the option to use the cycletowork scheme :?

Thought about btwin triban 3a from Decathlon?

Even better if you can get a triban 3 (the red one)

Frankly for £200 I would sort out the old steel bike. You could get replacement wheels and drivetrain on here for that.

Back