Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:52 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:30 pm 
Retro Guru

Seeking a pair of these please, any groupset as long as they are 9-speed and in good working order :)

Ta very much...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:26 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Pre or post 2001? The cable pull per click changed. If your mech has no b tension screw then it is post 2001.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:36 pm 
Retro Guru

Good point Hamster - post 2001 - B screw is attached to the jockey wheel cage rather than to the mech body.

Cheers for pointing that out - I should of mentioned that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:14 am 
Retro Guru

Strangely I looked in the wanted section to see if my 9 speed veloce kit would be of interest to anybody and this was the first post !

So here's my situation, I've got a cross bike with a 9 speed veloce group set, the rims are shot and I'm a shimano fan so it's a good time to make the change to the big S, depending how much my veloce kit is worth of course as this needs to part fund my new bits.

I bought the cross bike off a friend who bought it new around 2004 so I'm pretty sure it's what your after. I can post some pics tomorrow if you like just let me know.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:00 am 
Retro Guru

dvatcmark wrote:
Strangely I looked in the wanted section to see if my 9 speed veloce kit would be of interest to anybody and this was the first post !

So here's my situation, I've got a cross bike with a 9 speed veloce group set, the rims are shot and I'm a shimano fan so it's a good time to make the change to the big S, depending how much my veloce kit is worth of course as this needs to part fund my new bits.

I bought the cross bike off a friend who bought it new around 2004 so I'm pretty sure it's what your after. I can post some pics tomorrow if you like just let me know.

Result!! If your happy to split the group then i'm very interested. I don't need the rest as im building a bike up from my parts bin and the brifters are the only thing I need to complete it - it hasn't got downtube bosses so brifters are my only option. Rest of the bike is built up with shiny Campag Athena.

So it's your call - sell as a full group and avoid hassle or split and your likely to make more $ but could take longer to sell it all. And your not far away so I could sort a purchase out quickly....balls in your court Sir...i'll drop you a PM....

Cheers