Eddy Merckx 60/61 ctc frame or bike

DaveB1

Dirt Disciple
Ok, ok, I cave!

After looking at (and lusting over) a wide variety of Merckx bikes, it's time to put a tax refund to good use and explore what makes so many people such big fans! If you have, or know of, a Merckx Corsa Extra or MX Leader in one of the many team colors available, please give me a heads up? I'm 6'4", so am looking for a larger frame... :mrgreen:

how about a Merckx /Kessels
here are the pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41284201@N ... 228382257/

275 Euros posted
9091877531_712f72092b_b.jpg

Nice lookin' Kessels! But I already have several Reynolds frames and since we're talking 'dream bike' I'm gonna stick to my guns on something late 80's/early 90's :)

unless you've got legs like nic-nac or jimmy crankie, i think that you'll need something a little bigger than 60-61cm! i'm 6' 1" and ride a 61cm merckx..

..and i love it!!

:cool:

Hmmmmm... That thing looks lovely, and just about right! Still the summit as far as color schemes go, that is.

You probably have a point regarding sizing, although I've found that I'm actually a bit more comfy on a 61/62 center-to-top frames than something larger. Lack of flexibility/stiff back mean its always gonna be a bit of a compromise between height & reach... My legs imply a longer seat tube, my torso a shorter top tube. Slightly longer crank length will have to make up the difference :)

yup, you and me both - 177.5mm cranks on the eddy merckx and it's the best ride you'll get on a bike!! modern carbon freaks might query that statement but whatever makes you go fast is all that matters!

speak of the devil, BTW... a 7-eleven Corsa Extra in 61ctc just popped up on ebay, for $1100+! Is that seriously the going rate these days? May need to lobby for a larger refund in that case.

it's certainly a cracker but at £700-odd????!!

bloomin' greedy yanks at it again!!

:x

even at that, you could find one in less fabulous condition in the uk or europe, get a top refurb job and STILL have a couple of hundred quid in your pocket over the yank's price!!

Back