Giant Chainring ~ 60T +

kingoffootball

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
A bit of a long shot here, but I'm after a huge chainring.

I think ideal would be around 68T, but anything 60T + would be worth considering if it fits within my limited budget. I haven't found any affordable ones new, so it may be back to the drawing board for this project. Anyone have a stupid size chain ring they want to part with?

I've seen the Driveline ones on ebay, but I was hoping to find something a bit bigger, cheaper and preferably silver.

It's for my Raleigh Twenty/Stowaway project - small wheels = need a big chain ring for decent gearing.

I don't think I can afford their bearings, let alone a chain ring! I think those chain rings cost more than my entire project has so far.

Hi, having only just signed up & just seen your request, I have 1- 60tooth T.A. chainring
the one with the 5 pin cluster, it is for a 3/32inch x 1/2in chain. It has only been used on
a fixed bike on the rollers. Looking for £10-00 + post.
I also have 54 & 55 of other patterns but they`re probably too small. Unused.
There is a drive side T.A. crank 170mm but left side is Tevano, very similar but fluting
is slightly different. Any good??

Regards silverlightning

Hi, thanks for the reply :)

I was hoping to use the EDCO cranks I have, which obviously aren't compatible with that chain ring. I think 170mm might be a bit short for me and the non-matching would probably bug me, but if I find some compatible TA cranks I like I'll get back to you, as that would fit in with the European components I'm using for the build.

Back