Wanted: Nice, large ladies touring bike / frame

Captain Stupido

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My sister's after a new bike. She's comfortable on her 21" Dawes Diploma but wants something lighter and faster. She's decided that mixtes aren't for her. She likes vintage steel and we'd consider a project. I'm in London, but she's in Bournemouth. Anyone?

Good morning,

If it is not a mixte, is it a mixte variant you are looking for?

Richard

TGR":2sbaduzq said:
Good morning,

If it is not a mixte, is it a mixte variant you are looking for?

Richard

I'm not sure I understand the question. To clarify, we're looking for a normal step-through ladies frame with a single top tube.

TGR":1vivkz3p said:
the normal 'step through' is a 'mixte variant'
Hmmm.... I disagree here - a mixte is a specific type of step-through frame, not the other way round. I apologise for being pedantic, but if you're going to post links to wikipedia articles... :cool:

TGR":1vivkz3p said:
I will keep my eyes peeled.
I really appreciate your offer. It's surprisingly difficult to find decent ladies frames - especially larger ones. :D

LOL

I was pulled up for the same thing and i am pedantic!!! If i find the link i will send it.

I know you don't want a mixte but if you change yor mind i know where there is a NOS one and not overly expensive.

Anyhow, i will keep an eye out.

Richard

TGR":2lcqr7db said:
LOL

I was pulled up for the same thing and i am pedantic!!! If i find the link i will send it.

I know you don't want a mixte but if you change yor mind i know where there is a NOS one and not overly expensive.

Richard
:)

TGR":1ko6g9km said:
LOL

Richard

Hello, assuming it's okay with the OP - I'd be interested in this mixte if you could PM the details?

Many thanks.

Hi,

Halfords have a bike for £279 called a Pendleton - might be worth a look.

Eyes still peeled!!

Richard

Back