6 speed freewheel 13 /34 HELP!!!

Meejoir

Retro Guru
Hi, does anyone know of some secret dealer that stocks a 6 speed freewheel from 13 - 34. I presume they're called shimano mega range or shimano cadet. It seems I can get a 14 tooth version relatively easily but a 13 tooth would be exactly what I want. My existing freewheel is 13 to 28 (if I counted correctly and I don't want to lose a tooth if I can help it!)
Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks for that. I rang Spokes this morning but they haven't got them in stock, nor has their supplier apparently. I've contacted the Italian shop for a shipping quote.

Thanks again, much appreciated. I may be able to get up them hills with fully laden panniers after all! Hahaha.

After discovering 6 speed 13/34 free wheels were like hens teeth, and even if the supplier did have one they wouldn't quote a price to post it from Italy to the UK, I went to my LBS and guess what? He's not only had one untouched, in the original Shimano box, in stock for about 13 years, he also charged me the price it was stickered with from about 1999.

So a special mention must go to Jim at Jim's Cycles in Bedlington, Northumberland for sorting me out with exactly what I wanted for £10.99.

Moral of the story? Check your LBS first!!!

Latest posts

Back