Cheap project bike (Temporarily Paused)

oliverracing

Old School Hero
Ok so to explain - Recently got the retro MTB bug (M trax 2000 Ti), and have been using it as my daily commuter method around campus - and as I have been gradually building it up and upgrading, I have been getting more and more nervous about leaving it locked up outside whilst in lectures. So Ideally I'm looking for a cheap no/common name 1980s road bike to use as my campus bike. So has anyone got an old (not necessarily retro) 1980s road bike- Not bothered if there are no wheels as I already have a set, but if it came with some then great!.

My thoughts would be to use this bike for commuting and slowly (as money allows) return it to it's former glory (and not butcher it into a singlespeed!)

PM or post here if you have a cheap(ish) bike that fits my needs! - Also I'm based in loughborough so if you're within 25 miles and nearish a train station - I can collect!

EDIT: I have just had Items stolen from my student accommodation so I guess I should replace them before buying bikes :cry: - so this search will temporarily be put on hold till after I have found some paid work - thanks for all those who have contacted me - I will consider you first when I have money/transport should you still be willing to part with the bikes. ;)

Re: Cheap project bike - for project and a few retro rides

Does not say what size you need but I have a Peugeot frame-no forks- and loads of bits in my garage inc a mini shamanic 600 group set, f&r mechs, callipers and levers, missing the non drive side of a shimano crank with bio pace rings. Should be enough to start you off though?!

All that for £80 in the post

Harv.

Re: Cheap project bike - for project and a few retro rides

hi no thanks - ideally looking for a complete (if a little dodgy/missing wheels) build as I know the price of parts can soon mount up (been there done that bought the T-shirt) - ah size wise looking for something in the medium to large range - eg ride a 56cm modern roadie and a 18inch MTB so something around that size.

Back