Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:54 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

Post subject: Wanted Ladies Mixte bike
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:40 pm 

Hi, has anyone got a ladies mixte bike between 20-22"? I'm looking for one for my other half. She hasn't really done much cycling before and I'm keen to show her that it isn't as hard - or necessarily reliant upon lycra, as she might think.

Not really bothered about the colour, my main concern is that it is lightish bike, if possible in working condition, although I'm happy to spend time on maintenance and repair. I'd also take a frameset in the size, english threads if possible. Most importantly: cheap (free would be better), and available for delivery by post as we're students up in the frozen north of Scotland.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:18 pm 
Retro Guru

I've been looking for these a lot recently. All sorted now for Mixte so here are the ones I would've bought..

Not actually Mixte, but cheap, and with delivery:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190827823820? ... 1423.l2649

I emailed the guy for more pictures but he declined! So I guess you need to think about a respray and new wheels?...

Or, a much better option, although I couldn't persuade any of my friends to go for it.. Maverick s muddy fox courier Mixte in VGC

viewtopic.php?t=206945

I'm about to take delivery of a 531 raleigh royal ('step thru') that was described as small/medium and 21"... I'm a bit worried that it will turn to be too big so might put it up for sale on Sunday...

Matt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:28 pm 

Thanks for the heads up! I've seen a couple similar Dawes around, although I'm a bit nervous that the seller didn't want to put up more pictures. I'll keep my eye on it and run it by the lady.

I do love the muddy foxes.

If you do end up selling the frame drop me a line!

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:33 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Hi,

I have PMed with some info.

Richard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:41 am 
Retro Guru

I have a Raleigh Chiltern that needs to go. It might be a bit too far from the Lycra image than you want but it will be cheap, I'm thinking £20, and I'm often in Aberdeen for work so I could deliver it for you.

It's similar to this one http://www.pinkertoncycles.co.uk/raleighchiltern.htm but I think it's mid-1990s. My mother in law bought it new and never used it, then gave it to my wife, who almost never used it. I'd be surprised if it's done more than 10 miles.

Condition-wise it's all there and all works. The chrome has all got rust starting to break through but looks acceptable- with the exception of the brake callipers, which are completely rust coloured but still work (they may clean up with Oxalic acid, I haven't tried).

If you think it'll be any good to you I'll take some pictures of the actual bike.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:37 pm 

Hey, BobToo that's sounds almost prefect, I'll PM you my email address if you'd like to send some pictures.

Thanks