Cheapish but not tat wheel set please.

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello all. My girlfriends Dad wants to get his old road bike fixed up but the front wheel is bent. I said we should try here before getting it fixed as the wheels on it are low spec anyway.

Soooo, does any one have a cheapish wheel set available? Don't want a load of rubbish and don't want to have to fix them but also don't need super swanky posh rims on top hubs. Looking for at least the wheels and cassette but tyres/tubes would be a bonus. Looking to spend no more then £50 posted, a bit less if possible. Any one got what we need?

:oops:

Errrrrr, normal road wheels? :oops:

Sorry about that, new to this road lark. What different sizes are there? Do you mean hub size? :oops:

Hi
I have a pair of Mavic MA40 wheels for sale on retro road for sale.
Includes tyres/tubes/cassette
Have a look to see if they are what your looking for
£65 posted
Malc

Do you know what the spacing of the dropouts for the rear wheel is. Failing that, the number of sprockets on the freewheel/cassette? You'll need the right spacing on the rear wheel. Front is standard.
Nick

I have a set of 700c wheels coming of a bike this weekend. I would be willing to sell them for £30 posted to mainland U.K (excluding highlands , NI e.t.c) by courier.

The wheels use a alex rim and the front hub is sora 3300 and the rear is a lower tier shimano. Wheels are in good order though. They are being replaced by something suitable for touring on Friday when I build them.

the rear freehub is 7 speed only and is 130mm OLD.

bm0p700f":2lzsndbh said:
I have a set of 700c wheels coming of a bike this weekend. I would be willing to sell them for £30 posted to mainland U.K (excluding highlands , NI e.t.c) by courier.

The wheels use a alex rim and the front hub is sora 3300 and the rear is a lower tier shimano. Wheels are in good order though. They are being replaced by something suitable for touring on Friday when I build them.

the rear freehub is 7 speed only and is 130mm OLD.

Should bm0p700f not be interested, these are exactly what I'm looking for and I'll take them.

Back