USE Alien Cyclops seat post 350mm in blue or silver

sawston_vulcan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Ideally 27.2mm but as long as i can get a shim it would be ok....so 25mm or 26.8mm etc would be alright.

Blue preferred but silver be ok

Any one got anything in good condition.....ie not badly scratched above the minimum insertion point and the Cyclops head in good condition.

I would consider a seatpost without the Cyclops head as i can get that from CRC separately.

I live near Cambridge....so posting would be most likely necessary.

I have lots of new things [tyres, cassettes, BBs, saddle bags etc] so a swap of some sorts is possible too.

Have you had a look at the USE on-line factory shop?

They have a limited range of Alien seat posts, but you could get lucky.

They are all £40, new.

NeilM":2ma6g695 said:

They are all £40, new.

When i looked up USE seatpost...i saw the link but could not open it.....i will try it again perhaps on a different browser......tried...IE, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Google Chrome.....the given address is:www.use1.com Is that correct?

That's the right address, but the site does crash from time to time.

I just tried it, and it's not working, I'd wait until tomorrow, as they usually take a day or so to sort it out.

NeilM":1dvbd9sw said:
That's the right address, but the site does crash from time to time.

I just tried it, and it's not working, I'd wait until tomorrow, as they usually take a day or so to sort it out.

Glad its not just me.....but it was not working yesterday either!....Still as Scarlett said 'Tomorrow is another day.'

NeilM":zil5m8p4 said:

They are all £40, new.

site working again.....so looks like i'll be buying a 'shop soiled' model...thanks for your input.....cheers!

Cool!

I have had three seat posts from there, one on my Roberts DB and the others on two my road bikes.

Glad you found what you needed.

Actually not sorted!.....Tried to buy a £40 post from USE and though the their system said they had a stem in blue in 350mm in 27.2mm......so went through their woeful system.....ordered and paid for it......then got an email invoice and guess what?....The post was 27mm...not 27.2mm...so phoned and checked.....and indeed it was 27mm.......so still looking.....on the new front.....Winstanley's sell them for £56...but rather pay less if i can.

NeilM":240vfk94 said:
Oh dear.

Only buy from Winstanley's if they show the item as being in stock.

Very few places in the UK seem to sell USE posts and if you look on their site it says that the 270mm, 350mm and 420mm in anodized colours are being discontinued...black or silver......Ribble Cycles used to sell there seatposts but not any longer...and i am not a big fan of Winstanleys.....but they are the best deal in town...ie new....so will keep my tabs on ebay and also looking for Shimano DA seatposts too.

Back