Campagnolo brake lever hoods (very early 8 speed!)

Tim16V

Dirt Disciple
I've recently bought a Raleigh Dyna Tech from circa 1992 but the brake lever hoods are rather perished and I would ideally like to replace them.

The gear change lever is located to the front of the unit as opposed to being situated within the body of the unit itself ie no holes in the side of the brake hoods.

There are quite a few 'nearly suitable' ones on ebay with the side holes in them but the type I ideally require are proving rather more difficult to locate.

If anybody can help I would be very grateful as the rest of the bike is stunning!

I've tried to add a photo below.

http://s1113.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... sort=3&o=1

PedalCarlPedal":2da68voc said:
ill check at work for you has we are a campag pro shop.

Carl :D

Just had a quick look and all the ones we have are the ones with side hole, (EC-RE500 is the code) :cry:

Hi

Thanks for taking the trouble to look, but I am pleased to confirm that after much searching I have tracked a pair down! Rare indeed.

Regards

Tim

Those hoods on ebay have the holes in the side for thumb operated gears.

The ones I needed do not have holes in because the gear lever operates right at the front using a fairly chunky plastic lever mechanism. Not ideal but that's what it came with.

I'm just trying to keep the bike as original as absolutely possible so went for the latter hoods but if they had not been available I would have bought those off ebay and lived with it. Not a major issue in the scheme of things!

Tim

Tim16V":1ty3zcyc said:
Those hoods on ebay have the holes in the side for thumb operated gears.
The ones I needed do not have holes in because the gear lever operates right at the front using a fairly chunky plastic lever mechanism. Not ideal but that's what it came with.

I can see now :roll: :oops: Just looked at that picture and never noticed it hadn't got thumb levers :!:

The old Camp' Avanti hoods are on the Yank version of ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Campagnolo-Er ... 5d35e97f40

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Ithink that those ones are the ones with the slit Ian. You can just see the indentation at the bottom of the pic. I cant justify paying the price from Campyoldy....

Back