Looking For a "GIOS TORINO SUPER RECORD"

j_sntos

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys, i'm looking at this moment for a Gios Torino Super Record. I'm searching for a "fair" price for a good looking one. If anyone knows something please give me a call.

PS: I'm also looking for Benotto and Francesco Moser bicycles (cheap ones)

dbmtb":2ox2gimq said:
Good luck - and watch out for fakes.

i've heard that there are lots of faux around. What key features will a legitimate one have?

What the fakes usually don't have is the cut-outs in the BB, the distinctive drop-outs, above BB cable-routing or the shaped seatstay caps.

I have give up on the Gios Torino, i've found one on 920 euros (shipping costs included to Portugal) all original (Campy Super Record) but the stickers and the frame were not in good shape. I've bought instead a beautiful Benotto 1800 (SL columbus frame, Shimano 105, chromed forks) for less of half of the price mint condition. Gios will have to wait, but i still gonna search it in the future. Now i have on my collection a Colnago and this Benotto 1800.

Check my Colnago: http://postimage.org/image/svz48sqqp/

monty dog":15yhdoto said:
What the fakes usually don't have is the cut-outs in the BB, the distinctive drop-outs, above BB cable-routing or the shaped seatstay caps.

Basically sums it up...

Dropouts are drilled. Earliest Super Records don't have the coin-type forks - but they're often a giveaway if they're missing.

I only paid about 160 Euro for my frame/fork in 06 and the parts cost me about 450 Euro altogther.

227822_9843403081_6833_n.jpg

Times have changed in but a few years....

Back