STI STYLE LEVERS-any brand/model/condition.Fight deck a plus

DMZ

Devout Dirtbag
Any STI type shifters at a better price than ebay...! Budget such that whatever shifters I might find at reasonable cost will determine the speed/drivetrain of this particular project...it's nothing too hardcore; for a nippy mtb frame converted for road pace, just being experimental and creative, and have wanted some sti shifters for ages...

...exploring other options, such as bar end shifters, but just seeing if I can get some of these first.

Any condition, any brand, spares or repair welcome, at the right price...if compatibility issues just give me a heads up.

The unicorn is a pair of flight deck enabled, not fussy about speed, will work around it...

Yeah lol should have been clearer - I mean the levers with integrated shifters, which there are other brands of...the Shimano ones preferred ...but I'm not sure what they are really called generically...

ha yes sorry, I just learned the proper difference myself so just being a smart arse. I think maybe the general term would be something like "brifters". Campagnolo call theirs ergo's but I'm not too sure about sram or any others that may exists.

There's a thread called "autumn clearout" on the for sale section which has many for sales. The 7 speed RSX are a pretty good price plus there's a couple of cheaper Campag and some cheap new one's as well.

Yeah, 1 the most interesting things have gone and 2 they are about average price wise...going to keep trying for some older flight decks and then resort to t'others

Thanks, that is useful to see some others

I like the older RSX, even though they were the "cheapest" they have the exact same internals as the shifters up to 105 quality.

I have a set of 8 speed 105 (1055's) and Rx100, which I'll be selling once I get back from holiday.

I'd be interested if I haven't sourced anything bargainous before then...are your 105s flight decks? As a friend just said to me, on a budget, start with the levers and work around them!

cheers, had a look but were already taken anyway. I think I'm going to chase some shimanos with flight deck enabled unless a real bargain comes up - if I'm going to invest in them a little then I want something I'm not going to want to change. At least not on this bike. Maybe an 8 or 9 shifter; I seem to have settled mentally on 8 or 9 speed (unless something else comes up!)

They seem to come up on fleabay all the time; there's bound to be a point where everyone who wants them for 5 mins has bought them and a set goes for a bargain...!

DMZ":1coyjzz4 said:
cheers, had a look but were already taken anyway. I think I'm going to chase some shimanos with flight deck enabled unless a real bargain comes up - if I'm going to invest in them a little then I want something I'm not going to want to change. At least not on this bike. Maybe an 8 or 9 shifter; I seem to have settled mentally on 8 or 9 speed (unless something else comes up!)

They seem to come up on fleabay all the time; there's bound to be a point where everyone who wants them for 5 mins has bought them and a set goes for a bargain...!

yeah, watch out for some of the lefthand STIs as when the ones that "work with triple and double" get used on a double they can get jammed up if not set-up really well, which is why I think Shimano now do triple and double specific lefthands. And obviously you'll need a road FM to go with them. May as well go 9 speed, it's so much cheaper now 10sp is so common. :D

Back