13cm stem, 44cm bars, STIs/cassette/chain, Rolls, hubs...

Ndeipi

Dirt Disciple
I'll need the following items posted to my friend in the UK, then she'll post them to me in Kenya.

13cm quill stem: £10 - £15 budget
Ideally with a rise. Not too heavy, and with a clamp to fit.....

44cm bars: £10 - 15 budget
I like ergo bends, but will consider all bars 44cm c-c.

STIs & cassette & chain: £50 - 70ish budget
Shimano, 8, 9 or 10 speed. Perhaps SRAM too, but 8 speed Shimano would probably be easier to maintain. Will consider bar end shifters.

Road hubs: £10 - £25 budget
For Shimano cassettes, with 36/36, 32/32, perhaps 32/36 holes. Must be smooth!

Rolls saddle: £20ish budget
I'm not too picky here, as long as it's a Rolls!

Bar tape: £5ish budget
Black is the only sensible option.

Kool Stop salmon brake pads: - - - OR - - - Shimano brake pad holders: £5-10 budget
Any salmon blocks which will fit Shimano 600 brakes and brake on road rims, or Shimano brake pad holders so I can source inserts.

Pinarello Decals: £10 budget
The model is an early 90s Stelvio, but I'd be glad to simply get a few white PINARELLO decals and the head badge decal.

My project
The parts are for a Pinarello Stelvio purchased here in Nairobi for Ksh13,000 (£95.33). Whilst it was a bloody lucky find, it needs some work, as:
  • the paint is quite shabby,
  • the STIs function only as brake levers, and the extra D/T shifters are rubbish
  • the rear rim is hefty chrome steel (stamped "RALEIGH ENGLAND")
  • the brake blocks are old and nasty

8105235894_6d164798b8_z.jpg
8105221407_7ef184418c.jpg

Note: This listing is also on LFGSS, and I'm posting here too for a greater chance of finding the parts. Ta!

I have cheap 3T THE stem and bars within budget and new. They came of a new bike and other bar/stem fitted that suited the customer. £18 for the two posted.

I also have RSX hubs pair 32H used but in good order. They are quite smooth and £15 for the pair posted.

Back