700c race wheels

DMZ

Devout Dirtbag
Really getting sick of sitting on eBay watching everything I'm interested in creep up out of my price range. Or finding what I want in my range then eBay f'ing up. Fed up.

Anyone got a set, or just a front or rear alone, of 700c race type wheels surplus to requirement that they can offer at a good price? Tyres included would help but not essential.

Really want to join my uni's cycling club in my final year but won't be able to if I can't get wheels, which is mainly due to me not being able to afford them, even going second hand and keeping knocking down the level of wheel I want. But I'm not throwing away money on junk. Wanted good quality but used equipment (roads not brilliant here, even though I'm careful - must be tough).

Help appreciated..

forgot to add, shimano compatible; plan is to change to 7 speed cassette onto it but if wheels come with something different as long as its not horrendously expensive to buy extra bits am willing to make things work

I've a pair of KSyrium elites with tyres for £200
Or a pair of Shimano R500's with tyres for £65
Or a pair of mavic cxp 22 on shimano hubs (slight wobble on front - approx 1mm) - only done 100 miles but clipped a kerb! - £75

Back