Lost: bike of my youth. Columbus tubed, Rick Powell painted

jontawn

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

As a wee nipper I rode for Thurcroft CC with Russ & Dean Downing (not at the same level I need to add!!) after leaving school and getting a job Kenny Downing sorted me out with a frame and a load of bits to build my first 'real' road bike. I took it to my child hood shop of dreams - Rick Powell who painted it Californian Burnt Orange with red & yellow chevrons and some chrome on it, laced to a pair of mavic tubular rims. It had campy kit on it, afraid I can't recall which. It was an awesome bike and when I passed my driving test the bike was retired along with all things cycling and my parents 'sold that old thing' to someone in the village of Thurcroft, I eventually contacted the person it was sold to a few years later but suffice to say they do not know it's whereabouts. I'm feeling pretty p*ssed that this bike may have been lost forever!

So, anyone in the South Yorkshire area, was this at all familiar? Have you seen it even years ago? ANY assistance with sourcing this would be VERY much appreciated. I live in Hampshire now and don't get back up north so often.

I have a little bit of cash available if it's found (pending condition) I would be heartbroken to see my old bike all smashed so if it's in that sort of condition, let me know so I can at least say goodbye to my old friend!

thanks muchly,
Jonathan

Back