Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:58 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules


**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:10 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 1:29 pm
Posts: 10798
Location: Manchester, UK
... as per title, I'm looking a nice pair of pedals... something period correct to a late '70s 531 Peugeot with French threads, Lyotard / Maillard / WHY? obviously suitable for toe-clips & straps!

cheers for looking,
Alex


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:46 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:05 am
Posts: 961
Location: Brussels
Are these any use to you?

Not my auction, and no connection to the seller. I'm also looking for a pair of French threaded pedals but need something more appropriate for a town bike.

In fact, I'll be going to the bike co-operative in central Brussels tomorrow morning so will see if I spot anything useful for you there.

Cheers,
Gareth.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:14 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 1:29 pm
Posts: 10798
Location: Manchester, UK
garethrl wrote:
Are these any use to you?

Not my auction, and no connection to the seller. I'm also looking for a pair of French threaded pedals but need something more appropriate for a town bike.

In fact, I'll be going to the bike co-operative in central Brussels tomorrow morning so will see if I spot anything useful for you there.

Cheers,
Gareth.


cheers fella, I am watching them already but thanks all the same. Quills are nicer but am open to suggestion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:03 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:05 am
Posts: 961
Location: Brussels
Did you win those pedals for auction in the end? No joy at the co-op on Saturday. They guy at least knew what I was talking about, but didn't have anything in stock. He said he had a feeling he might have some at home so I'll go back next Saturday to see what he found. But, I don't have especially high hopes!

Cheers,
Gareth.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:55 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 1:29 pm
Posts: 10798
Location: Manchester, UK
garethrl wrote:
Did you win those pedals for auction in the end? No joy at the co-op on Saturday. They guy at least knew what I was talking about, but didn't have anything in stock. He said he had a feeling he might have some at home so I'll go back next Saturday to see what he found. But, I don't have especially high hopes!

Cheers,
Gareth.


No, they went above my highest price by a fair bit. Really appreciate your looking for me!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:07 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:05 am
Posts: 961
Location: Brussels
Well I'll certainly find a pair over here but it may not be quick! Lots of older bikes came equipped with French parts and 'all' you need to do is find a shop that has a pair - or take a punt on an ebay auction that either states it or looks likely. I can see myself eventually even buying a donor bike just to get the pedals.

It will probably be easier to find a low-end set for a beater than something a bit nicer, but at least you'd be rolling. Another option for you might be to tap out a Britsh thread, as per Sheldon's wise words, as long as the cranks are ally. The cranks I have are steel Nervar, so re-threading isn't really an option, so the search continues ...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:10 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 1:29 pm
Posts: 10798
Location: Manchester, UK
garethrl wrote:
Well I'll certainly find a pair over here but it may not be quick! Lots of older bikes came equipped with French parts and 'all' you need to do is find a shop that has a pair - or take a punt on an ebay auction that either states it or looks likely. I can see myself eventually even buying a donor bike just to get the pedals.

It will probably be easier to find a low-end set for a beater than something a bit nicer, but at least you'd be rolling. Another option for you might be to tap out a Britsh thread, as per Sheldon's wise words, as long as the cranks are ally. The cranks I have are steel Nervar, so re-threading isn't really an option, so the search continues ...


I thought I'd look around for the right pedals before considering the re-threading route... there's plenty of time before I'll get desperate. I'll let you know if I find anything!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:43 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 1:29 pm
Posts: 10798
Location: Manchester, UK
still looking


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:29 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:09 am
Posts: 4806
Location: Location: Location:
Got a set of taps somewhere if you want to give it a go.

Last set I did worked out spot on.

Chris.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:52 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 1:29 pm
Posts: 10798
Location: Manchester, UK
Chris wrote:
Got a set of taps somewhere if you want to give it a go.

Last set I did worked out spot on.

Chris.


yeah me too, thanks tho!!

want to try n find some French threads first as I spent a lot on the crankset!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group