Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:58 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:10 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

... as per title, I'm looking a nice pair of pedals... something period correct to a late '70s 531 Peugeot with French threads, Lyotard / Maillard / WHY? obviously suitable for toe-clips & straps!

cheers for looking,
Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:46 am 
Retro Guru

Are these any use to you?

Not my auction, and no connection to the seller. I'm also looking for a pair of French threaded pedals but need something more appropriate for a town bike.

In fact, I'll be going to the bike co-operative in central Brussels tomorrow morning so will see if I spot anything useful for you there.

Cheers,
Gareth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:14 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

garethrl wrote:
Are these any use to you?

Not my auction, and no connection to the seller. I'm also looking for a pair of French threaded pedals but need something more appropriate for a town bike.

In fact, I'll be going to the bike co-operative in central Brussels tomorrow morning so will see if I spot anything useful for you there.

Cheers,
Gareth.

cheers fella, I am watching them already but thanks all the same. Quills are nicer but am open to suggestion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:03 am 
Retro Guru

Did you win those pedals for auction in the end? No joy at the co-op on Saturday. They guy at least knew what I was talking about, but didn't have anything in stock. He said he had a feeling he might have some at home so I'll go back next Saturday to see what he found. But, I don't have especially high hopes!

Cheers,
Gareth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:55 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

garethrl wrote:
Did you win those pedals for auction in the end? No joy at the co-op on Saturday. They guy at least knew what I was talking about, but didn't have anything in stock. He said he had a feeling he might have some at home so I'll go back next Saturday to see what he found. But, I don't have especially high hopes!

Cheers,
Gareth.

No, they went above my highest price by a fair bit. Really appreciate your looking for me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:07 am 
Retro Guru

Well I'll certainly find a pair over here but it may not be quick! Lots of older bikes came equipped with French parts and 'all' you need to do is find a shop that has a pair - or take a punt on an ebay auction that either states it or looks likely. I can see myself eventually even buying a donor bike just to get the pedals.

It will probably be easier to find a low-end set for a beater than something a bit nicer, but at least you'd be rolling. Another option for you might be to tap out a Britsh thread, as per Sheldon's wise words, as long as the cranks are ally. The cranks I have are steel Nervar, so re-threading isn't really an option, so the search continues ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:10 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

garethrl wrote:
Well I'll certainly find a pair over here but it may not be quick! Lots of older bikes came equipped with French parts and 'all' you need to do is find a shop that has a pair - or take a punt on an ebay auction that either states it or looks likely. I can see myself eventually even buying a donor bike just to get the pedals.

It will probably be easier to find a low-end set for a beater than something a bit nicer, but at least you'd be rolling. Another option for you might be to tap out a Britsh thread, as per Sheldon's wise words, as long as the cranks are ally. The cranks I have are steel Nervar, so re-threading isn't really an option, so the search continues ...

I thought I'd look around for the right pedals before considering the re-threading route... there's plenty of time before I'll get desperate. I'll let you know if I find anything!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:43 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

still looking

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:29 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Got a set of taps somewhere if you want to give it a go.

Last set I did worked out spot on.

Chris.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:52 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Chris wrote:
Got a set of taps somewhere if you want to give it a go.

Last set I did worked out spot on.

Chris.

yeah me too, thanks tho!!

want to try n find some French threads first as I spent a lot on the crankset!