Wheelset, brake callipers and cranks for fixie project

danh86

Dirt Disciple
Hi all,

I've recently brought a frame of eBay with the intention of building this up as my first fixie project.

I'm trying to build this up relatively cheaply as I don't have any components lying around to put on the bike - I pretty much need to source everything.

I've got a few small things but am missing some major components(!) I'm after a wheelset with 100mm front and 120mm rear spacing. If some tires, sprocket and lockring etc. can be included then that'd be great.

I'm also after some cranks - I'd like to try and find some ISO cranks to fit onto the existing bottom bracket. I like the look of Miche Primato cranks (where the chainring bolts off 'arms' of the crank), does anyone have anything similar?

Lastly, if anyone has a set of silver/alloy finish dual pivot brakes they are selling then give me a shout!

Thanks,
Dan

Velosolo sell some cranks in that style for 40 quid. There are some Miche Dual Pivot brakes on Wiggle for 18 quid. There are some cheaper cranks on Bankrupt and Surplus for 20 quid or so, very similar arms to the Primato cranks, but have a steel chainring.

You'll need a 103 or 107 BB depending on your chainline. Should be 42mm.

Hope that helps

I have a set of record cranks that I converted to fixie use using one of these chain rings:

http://velosolo.co.uk/vstrackringpol.html

I can sell the chain set for the price of the chain ring £35, so you basically get the cranks for free (they are rather worn) the chain ring is 'as new' ? <200 miles. I'll also chuck in a Veloce BB which seems to give the right chain line with the record cranks.

For some other bits you might find useful for a cheap fixie build check my 'For sale thread'

Got a Continental Gatorskin thats going too and a pair of cheapo Joytech fixie wheels too that aren't listed yet.

Back