WTD - Raleigh Stowaway (BSA Triumph ect)

Koala

Retro Newbie
Hi
I am looking for a Raleigh Stowaway. Condition not important as I am only after the frame. Two people I go riding with have both bought Bromptons and go on about how good they are. I can not compete with the fold of the Brompton. My thinking is to build a belt drive folder on the cheap so the frame will have to be cut anyway. If anyone out there can help me I would be greatfull. Can collect within 60 miles of Crewe. Thanks for reading.
Roy

there was a raleigh stowaway/folder down the car boot today the bloke selling it is a regular there and im going back next week so i will take a pic and get his details if you want?

Hi
Thanks for looking. Watfords about 300 miles round trip. Petrol would cost more than the bike unfortanatly. As I only need the frame it could be posted but that would be a lot of trouble. If you see it again it might be worth asking if he ever comes further north. Looked at the local carboot myself round here today but there was only 3 bikes no folders. Some on ebay at the moment that I am watching that are close "ish" seems to be plenty around London and Norfolk but not meny round here.
Thanks again for keeping an eye out

would a raleigh twenty be a better option
a mate had one a few years ago with moulton forks fitted and rode really well for what it started out as
would be a better option than a shopper in my opinion
theres one on tinternet with some moulton forks and better kit fitted maybe sheldon browns site i cant remember was years ago

I thought the Raleigh Stowaway was a Raleigh Twenty with a hinge in the middle. Stowaway seem to be the same as a BSA 20 and Triumph Traffic Master.
Hope I am looking for the right thing.

As a side note done a cycle ride from Barmouth to Dolgellau via a climb near Cader Idris me on my mountain bike and my mate on his Brompton. Dropped down to sea leval via a very steep rough rutted and rocky track. Quite surprised how well the Brompton coped exept for its brakes got very hot.

would a raleigh twenty be a better option
a mate had one a few years ago with moulton forks fitted and rode really well

The naming is confusing. My Raleigh Twenty has "Raleigh Twenty" on the frame tube and "Stowaway" on the chainguard... as far as I can make out, the 'Stowaway' name was used on a few different models of folding bikes (including the Twenty, the RSW and some others).

cheers
Naming was confusing me. I have been treating anything that has an F shape frame and a horizontal hinge as a Twenty. The fact that the name Stowaway is still use dont help.

Seed was planted to use a raleigh after seeing a few in a local charity shop in Crewe over the last year or so. Now I am after one the only ones I can find either mint or at the other end of the country.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back