Wanted/HELP Please

lincolnwho

Dirt Disciple
Hi Guys,
new here and wanting to get into road/racing bikes.
Something I missed out on as a kid and really missed.

I now am a Dad who has limited funds and would love a retro racer 80's vintage to keep fit and dip my toe in but as Im new to it I dont want to go crazy on price.

Do you guys have any basket cases or low qaulity racers you want to sell to me ?
Im 6ft so ideally a 58 - 60cm + frame

I am on hols till wednesday so if we could arrange tonight or tomorrow I will pick up instantly and will bring cash.Willing to travel though the closer to Lincolnshire the better

Does it get any better ??? think of that clear corner in your garages

If this is a big ask please say and I will delete the post

Ok over to you, and thank you

By christ i wished i'd read your post a few days ago :roll: There was a 59cm 531 Raleigh with a full Shimano 600 groupset on ebay, it ended one day ago.

It looked nice and was actually forsale in Lincoln ! It went for £90 :shock:

Regards.
Ian.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for your help and apologies for not responding sooner guys

got myself a Dawes Shadow and I love it , will report on it as I do it up, just collected it tuesday and got it into a runner the same day Ive had a few rides and its just the best bike ive ever ridden a joy.

Retro racers all the way

Don't forget then to put up some nice pic's of the Shadow in 'Readers Bikes'

A good ride to go on without the hassle of traffic is the old train track from Lincoln - The Pyewipe Inn - Skellingthorpe to the end of the Fledborough Flyover near Tuxford.

Some sections of the path are nice tarmac some sections are smooth hardcore and wide enough to ride two abreast with ease.

Probably about a 35 mile return journey.

Sorry I didnt reply sooner been out enjoying it and have become a bit of a cleptomaniac (not sure on spelling but i have mentioned to a few people that Im into vintage racers and the heavens have opened!!!)

Tehy are just such beautifull bikes, Would you beleive that the route you suggest is the route I have been up and down countless times now lol.

Its a great route I join it from cross o cliff hill then up the river bank shame the nice tarmac doesnt extend past Harby tho : (

Its such a tight grain compared to the road it allows for soem real speed. love the bridge climbing sections after the pyewipe to

lincolnwho":3cjvfa0a said:
love the bridge climbing sections after the pyewipe to

A few weeks ago i hit that humped back bridge at speed and went air-born and i thought i was a BMXer :LOL:

Cheers.
Ian.

that feels awesome doesnt it the one near the canal bridge , I love the journey for that alone !!!!! :D

Makes me smile evertime there and back, love the tight sections on the slopes after the bridge and then the run down to the Skellingthorpe side

Shame the water railway Basic the same path that goes to Boston isnt as well surfaced or as fun : (

Back