Wanted: retro quality ride

badboybennyg

Dirt Disciple
Hello

I am looking for a nice retro ride. I am building up a single speed from an old Raleigh Corsa donated by a friend but want something nice for when it is dry and I want to feel a bit special :cool:

My tick list is:

• A nice british made frame but avoiding Raleigh or Carlton. I am thinking Graham Weigh, Ribble, Bob Jackson etc
• Alternatively something nice and French Mercian, Moser but not Peugeot.
• 54 or 56cm
• A bit of Campag where possible
• Little or no rust
• No dings or dents
• Willing to post if not London or home counties based

Hit me with what you have please

Thanks

Ben

Mercian - French?!

Built in good old Blighty - in Derby.

Moser - French?!

Built in Bella Italia.

Yeah my bad.

Getting my Mercia mixed up with my Mercian.

Getting my anquetils mixed up with my mosers.

You'll see from my post count im still learning. Keen though.

Show me what you got people and i'll know if I like it...

Man alive. They could have picked some unique sounding names back then. That's like as well as Ford making cars also having Forde and Fourd.

Think I'm clear now.

How much wedge are you looking to shed?

You haven't specifically mentioned Mercian as a possible purchase (or have you; I lost track a while ago :roll: ;) ?), but have one hanging from my garage roof that I could do with moving on as I'm fed up of looking at it now! It's reasonably special, quite light, with the 753 frame, a few campag bits, some fair Shimano bits, nice whels etc etc, and there are a few photos on this thread in case you're interested:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=179333&highlight=
If interested I can supply a few more and some further details, but beware, it won't go for peanuts (i'd rather keep bumping my swede on it... ;) ).

Old Ned":1zkyqgb5 said:
Mercier not Mercia.

Mercia was British as well. :roll: ;)

BTW, Mercia is not a bike brand, it was one of the English kingdoms in the dark ages. Basically what is today the Midlands.

Here endeth the lesson....................... ;)

Back