beater touring frame, something ratty for everyday use.

luckyskull76

Retro Guru
Hello all,
I am wanting to build a work horse, every day touring bike for london roads. i will be using it to carry tools, artwork and books.
size-wise, something around 56cm seat tube. Happy for rust, odd ding and chipped paint. basically a frame that is undesirable to thieves......
i am ideally looking for a frame with braze-ons for cantilever brakes and rear racks. steel and 700c wheels please.
anyone have a frame they want to sell me????
thanks,
Luke[/b]

how about this? yes it's a mtb but I do loads of cargobike work and 26'' wheels are better at loads plus fatter tyres are nicer to ride with a load. apart from the barends what you see is what you get, i'll do it for £35 p&p

joe careless":3texb859 said:
how about this? yes it's a mtb but I do loads of cargobike work and 26'' wheels are better at loads plus fatter tyres are nicer to ride with a load. apart from the barends what you see is what you get, i'll do it for £35 p&p

thank you so much for the offer. i have been collecting components to build up a 700c bike. so just need the frame. even though i think i will hold out for a touring frame, i must admit, i am a little tempted.......any pictures?

digging the peace sticker on head-tube and Om on seat tube. feels like this bike has some good Karma..........but i think i will hold out for a 700c frame. i have wheels and everything else i need to build it. happy riding. enjoy your weekend. L

Hi there, I have a 56cm Carlton Corsair which I used for commuting in London. Its a Reynolds 531 frame with non-original chrome forks, I don't have any pics but I can drag it out of the shed to take some if you would like a look. The frame is straight but scruffy & it is a mostly complete bike with mudguards and a rack for saddlebag/panniers. If you can collect it is yours, I was about to donate it to the local bike recycling scheme otherwise. Please PM me if you are interested, bear with me for a reply though please!

Back