Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:56 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules


**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 126mm rear freewheel hub
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:24 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:02 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Kildare, Ireland
Looking for a 126mm 36-40h rear hub. Something that would be suitable for touring, but I'm not that picky.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:17 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 1:29 pm
Posts: 10798
Location: Manchester, UK
I've a 1987 Maillard 36 hole small flange rear hub which I've just stripped, cleaned and regreased so it's pretty smooth. It's spaced for 5 speed but has long solid axle so would take a few extra millimetres of spacers (bike it came on had no hanger, hence longer axle to accommodate a claw-type mech hanger)


Last edited by Dead Rats on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:40 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:40 am
Posts: 3000
I think I have a shimano HG50 rear cassette hub, 36h. Not sure if it's 126 or 130, but it's probably 130. you can always take some washers out and cut the axle down a bit if you need to. let me know if it might be useful, and I'll dig it out and check

Andy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:33 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:02 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Kildare, Ireland
Dead Rats wrote:
I've a 1987 Maillard 36 hole small flange rear hub which I've just stripped, cleaned and regreased so it's pretty smooth. It's spaced for 5 speed but has long solid axle so would take a few extra millimetres of spacers (bike it came on had no hanger, hence longer axle to accommodate a claw-type mech hanger)


Sounds good.


Any pics? Asking price?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:43 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:32 pm
Posts: 286
Location: Lancashire
I've a good 40h atom rear hub, screw on.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:53 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 1:29 pm
Posts: 10798
Location: Manchester, UK
spuri0us wrote:
Dead Rats wrote:
I've a 1987 Maillard 36 hole small flange rear hub which I've just stripped, cleaned and regreased so it's pretty smooth. It's spaced for 5 speed but has long solid axle so would take a few extra millimetres of spacers (bike it came on had no hanger, hence longer axle to accommodate a claw-type mech hanger)


Sounds good.


Any pics? Asking price?


Is postage any more expensive to you than Northern Ireland? Or are you actually in Northern Ireland? :oops: Would be happy with a tenner if postage is standard UK, maybe a couple more quid if not

pic here:

http://deadrats.co.uk/for-sale/wheels-t ... /dsc03333/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:34 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:02 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Kildare, Ireland
Dead Rats wrote:
spuri0us wrote:
Dead Rats wrote:
I've a 1987 Maillard 36 hole small flange rear hub which I've just stripped, cleaned and regreased so it's pretty smooth. It's spaced for 5 speed but has long solid axle so would take a few extra millimetres of spacers (bike it came on had no hanger, hence longer axle to accommodate a claw-type mech hanger)


Sounds good.


Any pics? Asking price?


Is postage any more expensive to you than Northern Ireland? Or are you actually in Northern Ireland? :oops: Would be happy with a tenner if postage is standard UK, maybe a couple more quid if not

pic here:

http://deadrats.co.uk/for-sale/wheels-t ... /dsc03333/


Nope I'm in the republic, the midlands. I think the EU small packets is about 4GBP for something less the 0.5kg which is about 2GBP more then UK postage, or what ever your happy with.


Inmish Ed wrote:
I've a good 40h atom rear hub, screw on.


Pics? Price? Model?
Thanks :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:10 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 1:29 pm
Posts: 10798
Location: Manchester, UK
spuri0us wrote:
Dead Rats wrote:
spuri0us wrote:
Dead Rats wrote:
I've a 1987 Maillard 36 hole small flange rear hub which I've just stripped, cleaned and regreased so it's pretty smooth. It's spaced for 5 speed but has long solid axle so would take a few extra millimetres of spacers (bike it came on had no hanger, hence longer axle to accommodate a claw-type mech hanger)


Sounds good.


Any pics? Asking price?


Is postage any more expensive to you than Northern Ireland? Or are you actually in Northern Ireland? :oops: Would be happy with a tenner if postage is standard UK, maybe a couple more quid if not

pic here:

http://deadrats.co.uk/for-sale/wheels-t ... /dsc03333/


Nope I'm in the republic, the midlands. I think the EU small packets is about 4GBP for something less the 0.5kg which is about 2GBP more then UK postage, or what ever your happy with.


Inmish Ed wrote:
I've a good 40h atom rear hub, screw on.


Pics? Price? Model?
Thanks :)


Well I'm happy with £12.50GBP posted in that case, PM me if you're interested? :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:11 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 1:29 pm
Posts: 10798
Location: Manchester, UK
still interested?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group